Mary Benedetti, MSW, Registered Social Worker, the Hospital for Sick Children
As a Clinical Social Worker, Child, Teen and Family Therapist, with over five experience in both medical and mental health programs at The Hospital for Sick Children, Mary Benedetti, has had the privilege of working closely with families living with chronic illnesses. In her time at SickKids, she was one of the supervisors of the Family Therapy Treatment Seminar, providing treatment while teaching psychaitry residents, psychology interns and masters of social work students. To her clinical work in hospital and, more recently, private practice, Mary brings an appreciation of the capacities, strengths and resilience within families.
Resources Mentioned in Session
- Outsider-witness practices: some answers to commonly asked questions
- Re-Authoring: Some answers to commonly asked questions
- Michael White’s Narrative Therapy
- Positive psychology interventions: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled studies
- What (and Why) is Positive Psychology?
- Strengths-Based Nursing: A Process for Implementing a Philosophy Into Practice
- Narrative therapy for adults with major depressive disorder: improved symptom and interpersonal outcomes
- Beginning to use a narrative approach in therapy
- Strengths-Based Approach for Mental Health Recovery