- Define epilepsy
- Identify a child with drug resistant epilepsy
- Understand the approach to treatment of drug resistant epilepsy
Dr. Elizabeth Donner, MD at the Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids)
Dr. Elizabeth Donner is the Director of the Comprehensive Epilepsy Program at the Hospital for Sick Children and an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto. Dr. Donner’s practice involves the care of children with complex epilepsy, including medical, surgical, and dietary treatments for seizures. She is also co-founder of SUDEP Aware, an organization which promotes knowledge and understanding of SUDEP through education, research, and support.
Resources Mentioned in Session
- The 2014 Definition of Epilepsy: A perspective for patients and caregivers
- Long-term results with vagus nerve stimulation in children with pharmacoresistant epilepsy
- Vagal nerve stimulation for refractory epilepsy in children: indications and experience at The Hospital for Sick Children
- Tools for Epilepsy
- Clinical for the Management of Epilepsy in Adults and Children
- Keto4Kids – SickKids Fundraiser
- Ontario Special Diet Allowance
You must be logged in to view this content.