- Identify common clinical presentations based on psychological/psychiatric and/or neuro-developmental conditions that are frequently seen in pediatric chronic pain settings.
- Understand the relationship between the mind-body connection and paediatric chronic pain.
- Identify evidence-based mind-body interventions for chronic pain management with paediatric patients.
Melissa Young, PsyD, The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids)
Dr. Melissa Young is a Pediatric Psychology Post-Doctoral Clinical Fellow who is completing a major rotation in the chronic pain program this year at Sick Kids and minor rotations in oncology and solid organ transplant.
Resources Mentioned in Session
- Part I – Anxiety Disorders
- Guidelines for adolescent depression in primary care (GLAD-PC): Part I. Practice preparation, identification, assessment, and initial management
- Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-9)
- Children’s Depression Inventory (CDI)
- Columbia DISC Depression Scale
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder 7-item (GAD-7)
- Multidimensional Anxiety Scale (MASC-2)
- Thinking Traps
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Introduction to CBT for chronic pain
- Healing Relaxation: Free Relaxation Script to Promote Healing
- Guided meditation script
- Progressive muscle relaxation
- What is graded exposure therapy and how can it help chronic pain?
- Managing chronic pain: how psychologists can help with pain management
You must be logged in to view this content.