- Overall Spirit of Motivational Interviewing
- OARS – Client Centered Counselling Skills
- Recognizing Change and Sustain Talk
- Eliciting and Strengthening Change Talk
- Responding to discord – Practice Booster 1
Dr. Elizabeth Dettmer, Ph.D., C. Psych & Dr. Andrea Regina, B.Ed., M.A. at the Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids)
Dr. Dettmer is licensed as a clinical psychologist with a specialty in health psychology in the U.S., Canada, and Botswana. She is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Paediatrics at the University of Toronto, a Project Investigator with the SickKids Research Institute, and the Mental Health lead of the Sick Kids Team Obesity Management Program.Dr. Dettmer’s research focuses on how psychological factors impact the development and treatment of obesity.She is a member of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT) and has extensive experience in training healthcare professionals in the application of MI techniques.
Dr. Regina is a staff psychologist and project investigator with the SickKids Team Obesity Management Program (STOMP) at The Hospital for Sick Children. She is a licensed clinical and health psychologist with a specialty in serving children, adolescents, and families living with complex learning, medical, and mental health needs. She is also an Ontario Certified Teacher. With 15 years of experience working in hospital, community and school settings, her current work centres on helping young people and their families living with obesity and related psychological and medical needs. In practice, she is a firm believer in Motivational Interviewing as a means of fostering sustainable change.
Resources Mentioned in Session
- MI Cheat Sheet – Techniques for Dancing with Discord
- SOARS Cheat Sheet 1
- SOARS Cheet Sheet 2
- Motivational Interviewing in Nutrition and Fitness by Dawn Clifford and Laura Curtis
- Building Motivational Interviewing Skills, Second Edition: A Practitioner Workbook by David B. Rosengren
- Motivational Interviewing, Third Edition: Helping People Change by William R. Miller and Steven Rollnick
Motivational Interiewing in Health Care by Steven Tollnick, William R. Miller and Christopher C. Butler