- Compare and contrast acid suppressants and prokinetic/motility agents considered for use in managing symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Briefly describe the evidence, role, and monitoring parameters of acid suppressants and prokinetic/motility agents.
Jas Otal, BSc, HBScPhm, ACPR, RPh
Resources Mentioned in Session
- Kids Help Phone
- NASPGHAN Guidelines
- ESPGHAN Guidelines
- Antisecretory treatment for pediatric gastroesophageal reflux disease – a systematic review
- Pharmacological treatment of children with gastro-oesophageal reflux
- Efficacy and safety of proton pump inhibitors in the management of pediatric gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Health Canada assessing NDMA in ranitidine
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease in children: NICE guidance
- Should domperidone be used for the treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux in children? Systematic review of randomized controlled trials in children aged 1 month to 11 years old.
- Pediatric gastroesophageal reflux clinical practice guideline
- Health Canada Special Access Program (SAP)
You must be logged in to view this content.