- Recognize the concepts of “everyday ethics”
- Identify clinical examples of “everyday ethics” in practice
Dr. Catherine Diskin, MD at the Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids)
Dr. Catherine Diskin is due to complete her Academic Paediatric Fellowship in Complex Care in 2020. She completed her postgraduate training in General Paediatrics with a subspecialty interest in Neurodisability with the Royal College of Physicians, Ireland. Her research focus is exploring the research priorities for children with medical complexity and neurologic impairment.
Resources Mentioned in Session
- Microethics: the ethics of everyday clinical practice
- The Ethics of Behavioral Health Information Technology: Frequent Flyer Icons and Implicit Bias
- The Trouble With Medicine’s Metaphors
- The online use of Violence and Journey metaphors by patients with cancer, as compared with health professionals: a mixed methods study
- BC CDC COVID-19 Guide
You must be logged in to view this content.