- Reflect on barriers and strategies for referring clinicians who introduce Paediatric Palliative Care (PPC) to their patients
- Discuss strategies for introducing PPC to patients and families from the perspective of palliative care clinicians
Dr. Sarah Lord, MD at the Hospital for Sick Children
Dr. Sarah Lord is a physician on the Paediatric Advanced Care Team (PACT) at SickKids. She completed her general paediatrics residency training at the University of Toronto followed by fellowship training in paediatric palliative care and an MHSc in Bioethics. In addition to her role on PACT, Sarah also works on the inpatient Paediatric Medicine and Complex Care programs.
Resources Mentioned in Session
- The perinatal bereavement project: development and evaluation of supportive guidelines for families experiencing stillbirth and neonatal death in Southeast Brazil—a quasi-experimental before-and-after study
- Kids Grief
- Resolve Through Sharing Catalog
- The Compassionate Care Workshop
- Angel Babies Niagara
You must be logged in to view this content.