Who Can Participate?
All levels of providers are welcome to participate in Paediatric Project ECHO. Participants may include clinicians, trainees, and allied health care providers (including Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Pharmacists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Child Life Specialists, and others)!
Participants can register for all or as many of the program sessions, and it is FREE to join!
What Are the Benefits?
To Healthcare Providers:
- Join a multidisciplinary community of practice
- Receive mentorship from a multidisciplinary team of specialists
- Collaborate with community partners through case-based learning
- Become a local specialist in your community
- Increase your professional satisfaction
- Advance your Continuing Medical Education
To Patients and Families:
- Receive care closer to home, in their community, saving time and travel costs
- Reduced variation in care
- Improved access to care resulting in early treatment, which can result in better health outcomes
What Are the Technical Requirements?
Healthcare providers can participate using a laptop, hand-held mobile device, or a room set up for small group videoconferencing. Paediatric Project ECHO uses a cloud-based videoconferencing system called Zoom. Zoom reliably runs on both high and low speed internet connections, enabling access for providers in remote locations. If a camera is unavailable, a telephone can be used to dial in.